#1 Bestseller and
#1 Hot New Release on Amazon.com for Mobile
An O'Reilly Book by Ken Yarmosh
Thanks for learning more about my book App Savvy. I wrote it to be a field manual for those wanting to successfully launch iPad and iPhone apps into the App Store. The book details a proven strategy for taking an idea and turning it into an App Store sale. Aside from sharing my own process, there are two or three interviews in every chapter with practical insight from some of the most successful App Store publishers.
App Savvy in 30 Seconds
What Others Are Saying
Whether you plan to build an app yourself or hire someone to build one for you, this book will make you smarter about the things that matter.
— John Jantsch, Author of Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine
Focus on making apps that people enjoy using and want to tell their friends and colleagues about. Having customers evangelize your app is far more important than a short-term purchase spike.
— Justin Williams, Founder of Second Gear Software
What really impressed me is the attention to the smallest details Ken put in describing often underrated stages like "idea evaluation" or the importance of hiring the right team.
— Federico Viticci, Editor of MacStories
Ken has outlined a comprehensive and well-grounded soup-to-nuts strategy for any company looking to create value via mobile apps; he makes for a great sherpa navigating this terrain.
— Navin Ganeshan, Chief Product Strategist at Network Solutions
Table of Contents
- Foreword - John Jantsch, author of Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine
- Chapter 1 - You Have an App Idea...Now What? Interviews — Digital Post: Mike Rundle • Mobclix: Krishna Subramanian
- Chapter 2 - Finding Your Inner App Interviews — Smule: Jeff Smith • Sophiestication Software: Sophia Teutschler
- Chapter 3 - From Idea to Concept Interviews — KISSmetrics: Cindy Alvarez • Balsamiq Studios: Peldi Guilizzoni
- Chapter 4 - For Hire: Identifying Help Interviews — GetAppsDone.com: Davide Di Cillo • AppStoreHQ: Chris DeVore
- Chapter 5 - Getting a Working App Interviews — tapbots: Paul Haddad and Mark Jardine • Agile Web Solutions: Roustem Karimov
- Chapter 6 - Making Your App Better Before it Reaches the App Store Interviews — Hog Bay Software: Jesse Grosjean • Mariner Software: Michael Wray
- Chapter 7 - Preparing for the App Store Submission Interviews — TapMetrics: Christopher Brown • PoweryBase: Dominik Balogh
- Chapter 8 -Building Your Marketing Crescendo Interviews — tap tap tap: Phill Ryu • Grades: Jeremy Olson • TouchArcade: Arnold Kim
- Chapter 9 - Measuring Success and Future Development Interviews — Flurry: Peter Farago • Lumos Labs: Romain David • appFigures: Ariel Michael
- Afterword - When Mobile is No Longer the Exception
- Appendix - Tips and Tools
Those that purchase the book also receive access to a number of complementary online materials I developed. If you haven't purchased it yet, go buy a copy of App Savvy now! You'll then be directed to special URL on my website from various sections of the book.